|Pierre was born in France and living in Denmark
Educated as a ballet dancer and choregrapher,
performer and then autodidact painter.
Painter, teacher, illustrator, navigator and reporter, he
is traveling most of the time to study nature and the inhabitants.
Pierre is working som painter into the “artists house”
situated in the little town of Frederiksværk in the
North of Seeland, Denmark. Pierre was nominated as the official
painter for The Danish Royal Navy in 1994 and painter for
the Danish Defence in 1998. He travelled extensively (North
Atlantic, Færoes islands, Baltic, Island and all over
Greenland). Pierre is also a fond keen navigator by is own
sailing boat. In the context of Danish campaigns in North
Atlantic, Pierre got many opportunities to live in arctic
regions, therefore he became deeply sensitive to the nature
and culture of these countries.
His biggest 2000 exhibition in Denmark, entitled “
Draw me a seal”, followed a several months trip in South
West Greenland, 400 miles kayaking and walking, accompagnied
by Maren, his 9 year old daughter. This, both, daughter and
father produced report- painting exhibition included notes
that were collected during their travel, outlining the atmosphere
of summer light in arctic regions, also inviting to a spiritual
reflection about the aspects of the culture of Greenland.
This exhibitions was a “poetic“ homage to Paul
Émil Victor ordered by the French Ambassy in Copenhagen.
PEV was also the French founder of the Movement for the Preservation
of the Environment.
As pedagogue, Pierre is invited to organize workshops in
various schools and residential places, including home for
aged people. These workshops allow children to create and
integrate a wide range of sensory material on the same project,
i.e. paint, dance, rhythm, using natural and salvaged material
(as well as domestic material) for the confection of musical
instruments, masks and costumes. He is actually teaching art
through seminars into the school of Uummannaq in Greenland
and participate to humanitarians missions in Africa supporting
by his art building of schools and hospitals in Mali.
With regard to his background in France, Pierre was highly
involved in the ballet world. He toured years along with several
world famous compagnies most of them Americans, Germans and
French. Pierre’s artistic education mostly took place
in Brussel and Paris.
- 1994: Official Nomination as painter attached to the Danish
- 1998: Official Nomination as painter attached to the Danish
- 1972: European Centre of Choreographic Research, Mudra,
- 1973: Higher School of Choreographic Studies, Paris, France.
Education including the following:
- Sociology, films 6 photography- Paris VI University.
- Scenography- High School of Architecture. Paris.
- Ancient art history: Egypt, Rome, Orient.
- Ballet music, Musicology, Ballet history, Labanotation.
- Painting and drawing- “Les Beaux Arts, Paris and Caen.
- 1980/ 84: Higher School of Choreographic Studies, Paris,
France. Teacher and censor.
- 1984/ 85: Attached for the French Minister for Culture
Dance dept. Over sea France.
- 1976/ 91: Touring as a dancer with various world ballet
companies, and then as a choreographe.
- 1977: “Salon des Bas Normands” Caen
Basse Normandie, France.
- 1989: “Salon d’ Automne“ Grand Palais,
- 1990/91: “Salon des Indépendants”, Grand
- 1995: “KE” Danish Autumn exhibition, EfterÅrsudstilling,
- 1998: “Forum Art Event” Copenhagen.
- 2000: “ Mija, Spain: Exhibition with the participation
of Her Majesty the
Queen of Denmark, to raise funds for the building of the first
Danish church in Spain.
Report painting exhibitions:
- 1995: “One month on board of HMDS Triton
in North Atlantic”- Royal Danish Naval Museum, Copenhagen.
- 1996: “Copenhagen, Culture town 1996” Invited
- 1997: “In the Wake of the Royal Yacht Dannebrog around
Greenland”. Culture House.
- 1999: “Tempera Polaris” A commanded exhibition
for the visit of Her Majesty The Queen of Denmark into the
town of Hundested. Nord Seeland, DK.
- 2000: “Draw me a seal” following a three month
kayak journey, accompanied by his daughter, in SW Greeenland.
Gjethuset- Frederiksværk. DK.
- 2001: “Homage to Paul Emil Victor” Alliance
Francaise, Copenhagen. DK.
- 2004: “From Nuuk to Qaanaaq” With “Politiken”
Photographer Martin Lehmann. Gallery ” SPOT” Frederiksværk,
- 2005: ”Retrospective exhibition 1994- 2004”
Fregatten Jylland Museum. Ebeltoft. DK.
- 2006: “ Vinter i Africa- summer in Greenland”
Gallery “SPOT”, Frederiskværk. DK.
- 2007: ” 70° 41’ N”. Gallery ”SPOT”
“Art Pluriel” Martinique Fort de France.
“L’ Oeil Multiple” Granville, Fr.
“Astel”, Copenhagen, DK
“La Lanterne”, Bayeux, Fr.
“Publi Relation“, Laval, Fr.
“La Marine“, Granville, Fr.
“Haute Feuille“, Paris, Fr.
“Raspail Rive Gauche“, Paris, Fr.
“ Kulstoff 92“, Copenhagen, Dk.
“Aagalleriet“, Frederiksværk, Dk.
“Galerie des Éditions Maritimes”, Paris,
“Galleri Reiff”, Holbæk, Dk.
“SPOT” Frederiksværk, Dk.
DSB national railway company, DR TV Byen natioanl TV &
Radionish House, Novo Nordisk, Norske Véritas, The
Danish Defence, The Home Rules of Greenland..........
- 1994: The Museum of the Fregate “ Jylland”,
- 1996: The Danish Royal Marine Headquarters. Dk.
- 1997: The Danish Defence Headquarters. Dk.
- 1999: “The Blue Ruban Cup” Scandlines.
- 2000: Danish Royal Marine Headquarters in Greenland.
- 2001: “Margrethe Kirken” Decoration of the Danish
Church in Fuengirola, Spain.
- 2002: “The Town Hall “ of Frederiksværk.
- 2002: Royal Danish Military Average School in Hvims. Dk.
- 2004: St. Lazerean School, Carlow , Irland. (Poject for
- 2004: The Danish Royal Marine Material Headquarters.
- 2004/ 05: Stained glass windows for “Margrethe Church,
- 2005: Holte Reeducation center, Dk.
- 2006: Decoration of Danish Warship “ABSALON”.
Decoration of Danish Warship “Esbern Snarre”.
- 2006/ 07: One year artproject with schoolchildren in the
school ofUummannaq, Greenland.
- 1997: Her Majesty the Queen Margrethe of Denmark.
- 1994/ 96: His Royal Highness , The Consort Prins Henrik
- 1996: His Royal Highness, The Crown Prins Frederik of Denmark.
- 1997: Havard War College. USA
- 1998: The Russian Fleet 300 years jubilee.
- 1997/ 99: The Danish Ambassy in Island.
- 1999: The Danish Ambassy in Tallin, Estland.
- 1999: The Townhall of Norfolk, USA.
- 2000: The Town hall of Qaqortoq, Greenland.
- 2000: Her Majesty The Mother Queen Ingrid of Denmark.
- 2002: The Naval Station of Frederikshavn, Dk.
- 2005: The portrait of His Royal Highness The Consort Prins
Hentik of Denmark for the Fregate Jylland Museum.
- 1987: Guy Junes Editor, Paris.
- 1991/93: “Hempels” maritime calender.
- 1997: The Danish Royal Navy calender.
- 2003: “ The Royal Navy” A book about the Danish
warships with text og Commander Erik Moaansson and 40 paintings
- 2006/ 07: Diagala/ Mali: Calenders for French Humanitarian
Gyldendal, Borgens, Nationalmuseet, Fregate Jylland, Div.
Theaters, The Defence,
North Atlantic, Norge, Island, Faeroes, Greenland, Bosnia,
Foundations and Sponsors:
- 1995: Peter Augustinus found.
- 1995: The Royal Naval Museum.
- 1997: Thodberg Travel Donation.
- 1989/94 Lagermann (spossoring).
- 2000: The cultural council of the town of Frederiksværk,
- 2001: Scandinavian Airlines.
Painter and scenographer in differents Danish, Greenlandish
and Danish theaters.